Back to Threads
Next New Reply

Offline protection

As most people on the server know we raided agoge and made them ragequit the server.

That's all fine they can be cowards and run off because they kosed and got what they deserve.

There is one point of concern and that is offline protection. They ragequit because they knew they couldnt do anything and wanted to prevent us from gaining anything.

I vote that the agoge stuff should be opened up to the public and anyone else who ragequits beceause they get raided. Otherwise there is nothing to prevent someone from just logging off due to pvp.

If this kind of thing continues I think offline protection should be disabled entirely because it is exploitable and allows someone to just log off because they got what was coming to them. But I do think that making someone's stuff public domain after they ragequit while getting raided is better because offline protection is really nice to have for new players.

Posted by ManMode a year ago

Replies (17)

Formatting
All Comments

Archimodes a year ago

It looks like there is no strong opposition to this. Here is what I will do:

If a tribe quits the server because they are being raided, an admin will disable all their turrets while remaining logged in (after force-joining their tribe) to ensure that their possessions can be looted. All tames will also be unclaimed at that moment.

This will be at admin discretion, but a general rule of thumb will be 24 hours. If a tribe logs off while being raided and no one from their tribe logs in for 24 hours feel free to put in a ticket with a screenshot of the "demolish allowed in x:x:x" message for their structures.

Also, please use common sense when potentially submitting tickets. If you were simply shooting players in a tribe, killed a few tames, etc., that is not considered logging off during a raid. For it to be considered a raid, you would have to have dealt a good deal of damage to their base (for example disabling turret structures, breaking down multiple layers, etc.). Any attempted abuse in the opposite direction (putting in a ticket to try and cheat the system and steal a tribe's possessions when you didn't really raid them) will result in a ban. Reply

Archimodes a year ago

Also, if anyone in a tribe gets themselves banned (for example, Agoge) because they would rather that than let an enemy finish them off, the same applies. However, the 24 hour rule is gone the second that happens. Everything belonging to that tribe will immediately be unclaimed and all turrets will be disabled.

Archimodes a year ago

I forgot to mention that there is already a 15 minute timer on ORP. I'm leary of going above 15 minutes as that would allow someone to wait for a tribe to be logged off and start griefing or draining turrets. Even 15 minutes is a decent amount of time in regards to draining turrets.

aarchdemon a year ago

although this wont fix the current alliance problem so itl still be forcing clans to merge instead of allying

Zephyrthegoat a year ago

As a very very very new player to the server, i like to have the offline raid protection, i dont think removing it entirely is the best solution. Maybe shorten the amount of time it is down to three days instead of a whole week or something of the sort. Reply

aarchdemon a year ago

technically speaking were not planning to remove it entirely but say implement a mod for the same effect just not an immunity

ManMode a year ago

yeah we definitely agree here we want the new players to be protected too

Rayzerfang a year ago

I concur. Offline Protection is wonderful for newbies to the server. And is highly exploitable, such as they can build and build and build occupying multiple areas and if they rage quit then they only need to log in every couple of days to prevent the offline protection counter from reaching zero which prevents us from ever dismantling and claiming our just rewards. Reply

Archimodes a year ago

There is definitely an issue here. I'd like to see more input from the community, but I am open to changing things as the community sees fit.

I do agree that we should protect new players but not inhibit raids or allow exploitation. Reply

kalhoun1234 a year ago

Agreed protect new or solo players but still allowing bases to be raided if need be. ORP can be highly exploitable, some limits would be a great idea wether it be extend timers before ORP goes live or shorten the amount of time it takes for ORP to go dorment.

kalhoun1234 a year ago

As a new player to this server and a returning player to Ark (LOOOONNNGGGGGG Ark vacation)
I like the ORP as I am a single player and am not really a big fan of the big groups or clans as they bring drama but with that being said the ORP I kinda like as I am not able to log in and play for long hours at a time, weekends are my prime time. With ORP all my hard work at least is protected from being destroyed on me.

As for the whole ragequit issue then base gets protected, that is kind of a dick move if you will.

Its a game, survival games like this stuff like this is bound to happen. Ragequiting and allowing the ORP to take effect is kind of a douche move. Reading some of the comments I do agree with alot of them, put a timer on it, or something along those lines. It makes it alot more fair in terms of raiding. Don't exploit the ORP, exploiting it and then it being removed (not saying that it is as the server admins have stated) ruins it for the new players or the ones who dont get to log in as much as they would like too.

Not sure if my 2 cents makes much sense to everyone but its just the opinion of 1 lone survivor. What ever the outcome may be I will still enjoy the server and the community involved with it =) Reply

CptHowdy a year ago

in my opinion, ORP is a good thing when utilized correctly. . . . how about a 15 minute delay before its activated as a player logs off??. . . thoughts? Reply

aarchdemon a year ago

in most cases 15 minutes isnt long enough to penetrate walls of turrets

aarchdemon a year ago

the problem isnt orp itself its the fact that once someone whos been raided logs off you can do nothing to them for like a week or more and their loot just becomes redundant as you cant get any of it
say you raided someone and suddenly they logged off say 5 mins before you got past the turret wall once you get towards all their good stuff itl all be protected by offline raid protection again and in that case you can do nothing at all

CptHowdy a year ago

good point. . . . im ok with however it turns out. . . lol

Lomaximuss a year ago

as a solo player im against removing ORP. i like that i can log off knowing all my stuff is safe for when i return. theres nothing worse than coming back online to all your stuff destroyed and raided in an offline raid. i get that people are having issues with alliances etc. but i dont think thats enough to remove the ORP. as to people just logging off when they ragequit. put the timer on 30 / 40 mins or something . i personally think archi's approach is the way forward. Reply

Seph a year ago

I am also for getting rid of offline raid protection for all the things mentioned already. The other reason is so that we can use the alliance feature, which does not work with ORP enabled. We cannot currently team up with any other tribes to do things like the bosses without the alliance feature or temporarily merging tribes, which is super messy. Reply